- This event has passed.
Socket Grafting & Predictable Ridge Preservation for Cosmetic and Implant Dentistry
06.09.2017 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Successful oral rehabilitation often requires hard and soft tissue regeneration for optimal functional and esthetic
outcomes. As implant dentistry evolves to become the standard of care, education on the maintenance of bone and
soft tissue after tooth extraction is essential. Today’s clinicians are achieving predictable results by grafting extraction
sockets for ridge preservation, utilizing the latest membranes and bone scaffolds. Socket grafting following tooth
removal is proven to reduce bone loss, maintain ridge proportion, enhance esthetic and post-operative outcomes, and
satisfy patient expectations.
This course will review practical application of extraction socket grafting and ridge preservation. Clinical experience
and scientific evidence will be presented to support the materials and techniques demonstrated. This course will
provide participants with the knowledge and skills to successfully incorporate new procedures into their daily practice
with confidence and predictability. Following the presentation, a hands-on workshop will be provided where you will
perform the surgical procedures discussed on special models designed to simulate actual clinical conditions.
Points of Discussion:
• Rationale for socket and ridge preservation procedures
• Examination of donor sources available for hard tissue for dental procedures and their
• Principles of successful hard tissue augmentation
• Minimally invasive surgical techniques
• Microsurgical instrumentation and specialized suturing techniques
• Socket grafting for predictable implant placement
• Particulate bone grafting for ridge augmentation
• Management of complications
• Timing of implant placement-immediate versus delayed
• Implant surface design
• Current clinical research findings
Participants will be able to experience site development, bone graft placement and suture techniques on models.