- This event has passed.
Basic Periodontal Surgery for General Practitioners
04.28.2017 8:30 am - 4:00 pm$795
This all day program is designed for dentists who are interested in learning how to perform simple periodontal surgeries. A general dentist can perform many common everyday periodontal procedures if they attain a “comfort level” about the subject matter. This hands-on course will cover basic periodontal surgery, crown lengthening, and suturing techniques. This course is designed for general dentists who are looking to learn or upgrade existing skills in basic periodontalsurgery. After attending this course, participants should be able to correctly treatment plan and perform a variety of simple periodontal surgical procedures with the confidence to achieve predicate results.
Points of Discussion:
• Rationale for periodontal surgery
• Indications for periodontal surgery
• Periodontal flap surgery
• Crown lengthening
• Gingivectomy techniques
• Post extraction grafting
• Creating ovate pontic sites
• Tunneling techniques
• Early to moderate periodontal disease management and control
• Flap design
• Art of Suturing (what to use and when)
• Anesthesia and pain management
• Managing post-operative complications
Participants will be able to practice various surgical techniques on models and animal tissue.