3D Printing Solutions for the Implant Surgeon: Surgical Guides and Beyond
November 10 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$495
Over the next 20 years, 3D printing is likely to have a greater impact on implant dentistry than all future clinical innovations combined. Despite this, many surgeons have continued to struggle to integrate 3D printing into their daily workflow. This is because many surgeons consider 3D printing as a new piece of equipment rather than as an opportunity to create value for patients and referring dentists. During this course, we will discuss techniques for successfully leading, planning, and executing a 3D printing initiative. We will review different types of printers that are suitable for an implant surgery practice as well as the strategic framework necessary to incorporate 3D printing into a practice’s daily operations. Following the course, participants will have the knowledge necessary to both identify a suitable printer and to maximize the benefits of 3D printing to their practice.
- To understand the benefits and challenges of 3D printing in a surgical office.
- To discuss 3D printing strategic framework.
- To learn about common types of 3D Printers and different applications of 3D printing in a surgical office.
- To discuss material options for 3D printing in implant surgery.
- To evaluate the economic benefits of in-office 3D printing.
- To discuss regulatory concerns and other potential challenges.